Monday, May 11, 2015

10) personal Excursions

 First of May,me and my friends went to Ireland. It was great but I felt weird pain on my right side of body and got spread more and more. I did not care that much because we had a busy schedule and took a flight from Czech to Ireland. I thought It was just because I was so tired. However, I skipped going out and went bed earlier, that skin pain did not go away. Moreover, it started more painful like having a bad sunburn day by day. After traveling through Ireland on three days weekend, I knew I had something wring that I have never experienced. At that moment, I had quite different emotion that I had to have a surgery for pulling wisdom teeth out in US because literally, I had no idea who I should ask since I can't speak any Czech but I calmed down somehow and I knew it would be all right. I contacted Martin who is our local advisor and he immediately helped me out for finding an English- speaking dermatologist. It was such a fortunate in my nightmare. Not many Czech can speak English even in public places. There is a hospital which has educational sponsorship with college. Since Czech college tuition is relatively lower than other european ones especially med students, coming to Czech colleges is a good option for them. Students are from mostly English speaking countries such England and Netherlands. So, doctors in that hospital which I went could speak fluent English. It was very helpful. When I arrived at hospital, I did not even wear any clothes on because anything which touched my rash area caused sharp pain that sometimes hesitated me take a breath.  My doctor looked my right side of body for just 10 seconds and said….."You got a shingles" It is a skin infection of a nerve area caused by the varicella-zoster virus. It causes pain and a rash along a band of skin supplied by the affected nerve. The virus usually affects one nerve only.(right side for me)  I had a constant dull, burning and sharp pain. I got a prescription for anti virus pills and lotion. I visited three pharmacies and finally got them. I have taken a pill every four hours and put lotion on three times in a day since then. All treatment cost 1500 koruna that is less than 50 dollars. I was very surprised how cheap medical fee was even as uncovered by insurance. Unfortunately, I was suffered the most painful skin burning for a couple of day but it was quite interesting to have a opportunity to visit a hospital in Czech Republic. And also, I am appreciate deeply for caring from Martin, Mr and Mars Larson and my lovely friends. I would love to say big thank you to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment