Monday, May 4, 2015

1)Daily life

Everyone keeps talking about  "What do you miss the most? or What do you want to eat as very first meal once you get in airport?" Those conversations are always going on and American students are craving for eating american food like Qdoba, Mac and Cheese,  and "Free ketchup" because we have to pay overprice for a tiny package of ketchup to eat fresh fries at fast food places. Moreover, It is unforgettable that they are dying to seek similar taste of Ranch. I think Ranch is very american thing like the rest of world does not know what it is.  It is interesting to hear for me how they react to their home taste. 

Personally, I have already got over with missing to eat my home food since I have lived in US for three years. I better gave it up. However, one thing I have been craving is petting dogs. I know it sounds weird but here is my reason. I have not touched any dogs in almost two month. I have a puppy back in Japan and I lived with my host family in Kearney who love animals all the time. I have never missed this much to play with animals. I would not say there is no animals here. Actually, In Olomouc, people take dogs everywhere. I was surprised when I saw people who take their dogs to zoo, in Buss to any public places and just walked around with them. It is a way more dog friendly city than in US or in Japan but it is a different story if strangers try to pet their dogs off course after asking. I thought it is common when people come toward to dogs with smile , owners would smile back and let them pet dogs. It is a lovely moment, right? However, It is not here in Olomouc. If I tried to get close to dogs, owners would walk faster. I understand I could be a little bit creepy when I see cute dogs because my face gets big smile on or  I thought it was just because I was a stranger and foreigner who do not speak any Czech but I have not seen any strangers pet someone's dogs on street even they are Czech people neither.  I guess the reason, which people here do not like to let strangers pet their own dogs is a safely point. I do not feel in danger when I walk in town by myself but I have noticed it is sometime not a good idea depends on time. Maybe, it could be the cause why locals would not rather to be friendly so much with strangers.

I have never thought I would miss something this much. Getting in a new place and learning different cultures are a big lesson to know what I think important for my life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment